|Blue Corn Tortilla Chips-I like Garden of Eatin||1-8 oz. bag|
|raw, deveined, shelled medium shrimp||1 lb|
|shredded low-fat Italian cheese blend-Sargento's is great!||8 oz.|
|sliced natural black olives||1/2 cup|
|diced tomato||1/2 cup|
|sliced green onions||3 to 4|
|serve with low-fat sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce if desired|
These Italy Meets Mexico Shrimp Nachos are a take on the ones I used to get at Red Lobster about 30 years ago with my Aunt Diane, Mom, and sister. We would devour them! I have updated them to be slightly healthier, but just as delicious.
- Turn your oven on to 425 degrees.
- Dump half of the bag of tortillas onto your baking stone or baking sheet. Spread them out evenly.
- Top the chips with half of the bag of shredded cheese.
- Top the cheese with the rest of the chips.
- Lay your raw, deveined , shelled shrimp on top of the chips along with the olives. (If you want to use cooked shrimp, do not add them until the end when you are just about to take the nachos out of the oven. Otherwise they will be way to over cooked.)
- Top everything with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. The cheese will be melty and the shrimp will be perfectly cooked.
- Top with the green onions and tomatoes.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce if desired.