|shredded pork or chicken
|King's Hawaiian Rolls
|1 package of minis or 4 hamburger buns
|diced red onion
|1/2 to 1 whole depending on how spicy you like it.
Quick Guava BBQ Sandwiches are super easy and delicious. They taste like a tropical vacation on a plate.
- Combine your shredded meat, BBQ sauce, and guava jelly in a sauce pan.
- Place over medium heat.
- Stir every few minutes until all of the ingredients combine and the mixture is hot. Keep in mind if your meat is partially frozen it will take a bit longer to heat up.
- While the meat is cooking, prep your salsa.
- Place the mango, pineapple, onion, and jalapeno into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Toast your buns if desired.
- When everything is ready, place your meat on the bottom buns and the salsa on top of the meat. Top with the other half of the bun.
*You can use the small King’s Hawaiian Rolls or the hamburger buns. These rolls have a subtle sweetness that makes these sandwiches even more yummy.
*These sandwiches are great on their own, but the salsa makes them more special.
*Any BBQ sauce works as long as it isn’t super smoky. This is just the one I had in the refrigerator.
*Rotisserie chicken works great in this! Pulled pork is fine too. I like to get my meat on sale at the grocery store and I just cook it right away in the crock-pot with salt and pepper. Then I package it using a few cups per container. That way I always have meat on hand when I need dinner in a flash.
*Thaw frozen meat quickly by soaking the container in a bowl of cool water. If it’s a little frozen when it goes into the sauce, just cook it a few more minutes until it’s hot.
*Thawed frozen mango and pineapple work great if you don’t have fresh. I’ve used canned pineapple in a pinch too.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!