|fennel bulb||2 cups|
|diced red onion||1/4 cup|
|rice wine vinegar||1/4 cup|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Fennel and Apple Salad with Honey Poppy Seed Dressing is a light refreshing salad.
- Wash and chop up the fennel bulb. I like to just make it into bite sized pieces. I use the whole vegetable. The fronds make the salad extra pretty.
- Wash and chop up the apples. I think honey crisp and Granny Smith are best in this dish, but any will work.
- Dice up the onion.
- In a bowl combine the honey and the vinegar. If you don’t have rice wine vinegar you can use apple cider. To make it easier to mix, pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Toss everything together.
- Add salt and pepper if you desire.
- Serve immediately or you can store this for a day or 2 in the fridge. It will become a bit more wet, but the apples will not brown in the dressing.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!