- 8 oz. or more if desired lobster tails shell removed -I used Maine Lobster , but Rock Lobster would be more appropriate.
- 1 lb shrimp shells removed-I used Gulf Shrimp
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 more if desired diced habanero
- 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional garnish sliced green onions, sliced habanero peppers, and lime wedges
This Caribbean Shrimp and Lobster Scampi is like a little tropical ocean get away on a plate. The sweet lobster and shrimp perfectly pairs with the creamy butter, garlic and hint of spice from the habanero pepper.
1. Prep all of your ingredients. Cut your lobster tail into pieces that equal the size of the shrimp you have.
2. Place the butter into a skillet over medium high heat.
3. When the butter melts add the minced garlic and diced habanero pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Add your shrimp and lobster to the pan. Stir to coat it all with garlic, habanero butter.
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your seafood. You will know when it is done when everything is firm and has a nice pink color. Do not over cook your seafood! It will be rubbery!
6. Pour the contents of the skillet on a plate, squirt with the juice from 1/2 a lime. Serve with sliced green onions, sliced habanero, and more lime if desired.
You could easily do this on a grill. I would skewer the shrimp and lobster and melt the butter over a stove with the garlic and habanero. Then while you were grilling the seafood you would baste it with the garlic habanero butter. Follow the same cooking times. You would have to make extra butter for serving if you desired. You should not eat the butter used for basting the shrimp without heating it up first.