|80/20 hamburger||1 lb|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 tbsp|
|granulated garlic powder-I use Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|granulated onion powder-I use Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|cracked black pepper-I use Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|pico de gallo||1/2 cup|
|cooked bacon||4-8 slices|
|hamburger buns-Get the good ones from the bakery!||2-4|
|softened butter or bacon fat to spread on the buns|
Guacamole Pico Burgers are a spicy twist on the regular cheese burger. They are filled with melted cheese and topped with even more cheese, home-made guacamole, pico de gallo, and crunchy bacon.
- Remove your burger from the fridge so it can come down to room temperature.
- Slice your cheese into chunks about 1″ x 1″. I usually use Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Habanero (super spicy and sharp) , but any sharp cheddar, pepper jack or habanero jack will work.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to the hamburger meat. Squish it together until it is evenly mixed.
- Depending on the size of burger you want, divide the meat into 2 or 4 even balls. Flatten them out with a divot in the middle .
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of the cheese to the divots.Then gently cover the cheese with the burger. Don’t squish them down!
- Allow the burgers to rest while your butter your buns. Some times I don’t use butter, but left over bacon fat on my buns. It just adds a little extra bacon flavor!
- Toast the buns in a skillet over medium high heat for a minute or 2. You don’t want them to burn, so watch them closely.
- Place you burgers into the skillet or onto the grill. Let them cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping them over. You only want to flip them once!
- After you flip them, allow them too cook for an additional 4-5 minutes per side.
- Just when they are done lay several thin sliced of cheese on top of the burgers. Drizzle a little water on to the pan or into the grill and cover the burgers immediately. The cheese will melt perfectly!
- While the burgers are cooking get out or prep the Guacamole and Pico de Gallo.
- Get out your cooked bacon. I usually have pre-cooked bacon in the fridge for snacking and sandwiches. I cook it in the oven. Check out my Oven Baked Bacon.
- Put the bacon on top of your toasted bun.
- When the burgers are done place them onto the toasted buns. Top them with Guacamole and Pico de Gallo. Lettuce is optional.
- Enjoy with extra napkins!
The Teacher's Table
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!