- 1 soft Haas avocado-The Florida ones do not taste good with this.
- 1/2 small diced onion
- 1/2 juiced lime
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1-2 shots Tobasco
- optional ingredients-fresh or frozen corn, cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced jicama, diced jalapeno, chopped cooked bacon, chopped sun dried tomatos
This creamy, yummy Guacamole is super fast to throw together and tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff. I confess, I eat it on just about anything! It can easily be doubled or tripled. You can also stir in all kinds of things to make it special.
The Teacher's Table
- Put all of your ingredients into a bowl and mash them together. Add a tablespoon or 2 of one of the following to make it more special-fresh or frozen corn, cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced jicama, diced jalapeno, chopped cooked bacon, chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve with chips, spread on sandwiches, eat with eggs, top burritos, tacos, burgers, etc.
- If you are making it in advance, simply put your guacamole into a dish that is air tight. Spread a tablespoon or 2 of sour cream over the top. Then carefully press a piece of plastic wrap unto the top of guacamole making sure it is touching all of the parts. Put on your lid and it will keep for a day without turning brown.