- 2-3 tomatoes- I like to use plum.
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- a few sprigs or 1 tsp fresh torn into tiny pieces or dried cilantro
- 1 juiced lime
- 1/2-1 depending on how spicy you like it. jalapeno pepper
- a shot or 2 if you like it spicy tobasco sauce
- salt to taste
This fresh, bright, and quick Pico de Gallo is perfect with chips or on top of just about any Latin American dish. I make it often because it’s so simple and tasty.
- Chop up your tomatoes into a large dice. I don’t like the seeds, that why I use plum tomatoes. If your tomatoes are really seedy, remove the excess.
- Chop your onion and jalapeno into a small dice.
- Put everything in a bowl. Add the remainder of your ingredients. Stir and add salt until you think it tastes good.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to let the salt draw out the juices from the vegetables and marry the flavors together.
Share & Print
100 0 100 1