|all purpose flour-I use King Aurther||2 3/4 cups|
|sugar||1 1/2 cups|
|baking soda||1 tsp|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|softened butter||1 cup/2 sticks|
|vanilla (This is used 2 times. Once in the crust and once in the cream cheese.)||2 tsp|
|softened cream cheese-I use low-fat.||8 oz.|
|orange marmalade||1/2 cup|
|fresh mango diced||1|
|fresh strawberries sliced||10-15 berries|
|fresh diced pineapple||about 1/2 a cup|
|peeled and sliced kiwi||1|
Tropical Fruit Pizza is a wonderful dessert, brunch or breakfast treat. It can be made ahead of time and the eye popping, colorful mango, pineapple, strawberry, and kiwi covered slightly sweet cookie crust looks so pretty on a plate. It is incredibly tasty as well!
- In a mixing bowl cream your softened butter with the sugar and eggs until it is light, fluffy and a pale yellow color.
- Mix in 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- After everything is combined slowly begin adding in your flour and beating it on low until it is combined together. The dough will be very soft.
- Press your dough into a baking stone (You do not need to butter a stone.) or into a baking sheet (You will need to butter this.) until it is evenly distributed, flat, and pressed up against the edges. My baking stone is 13″x 18″ The size of your baking dish/stone will affect the baking time and thickness of the crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the crust has puffed up and is golden in color.
- Remove the cookie crust from the oven and allow it to cool completely. I like to make mine the night before I am serving it. You can totally make this a cheater recipe by using store bought cookie dough, but I find this sugar cookie crust is so much tastier and holds up better in the fridge when topped with everything.
- Make your cream cheese “sauce” by combining the softened cream cheese with a 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and the marmalade. You can do this ahead of time while the crust is baking and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to top the crust.
- Cut up your fruit. You can prep this as well while the crust is baking and place it in the fridge until you are ready to top the crust.
- When the crust is completely cooled spread it evenly with the cream cheese “sauce”. Evenly distribute the fruit on top. You can make a pattern, but I just find it easier to make sure it is evenly placed on the crust so that you get a bit of everything in every bite.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.