|Chex cereal||1 regular sized box|
|white chocolate chips||1-16 oz. bag|
|colorful sprinkles||about 1/2 cup|
What do you do when you need a snack and you need it now? Well I hit up my pantry. I grabbed a box of Chex cereal, a bag of white chocolate chips, some sprinkles and created Confetti Chex Mix. Everyone loved it and you will too.
- Dump the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe container and microwave it for 1 minute. I stir it, then microwave it for an additional minute. Stir until smooth. Give it a second, because it might not look melted, but as you stir the chips will melt.
- Dump the Chex into a bowl. Remove the chocolate from the microwave and stir it until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and toss it together. When the cereal is nearly all coated add about 1/2 a cup of sprinkles. Toss just to add a pop of color into every bite.
- Allow mixture to harden. If you need it hard quickly, just pop it into the fridge.
- When you’re ready to serve, break up the big chunks and that’s it! I served my creation to my students in coffee filter bowls, but you could serve it any way you please. I think this would also be great for a birthday party dessert or simple gift. I don’t know why I have never done this before, but I will be making this inexpensive, easy, tasty treat again.
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!