|all purpose flour-I use King Aurther
|2 3/4 cups
|1 1/2 cups
|1 cup/ 2 sticks
|vanilla (This is used twice. Once in the crust and once with the cream cheese.)
|softened cream cheese-I use low-fat.
|apricot jelly (This is used twice. Once with the cream cheese and once to glaze the fruit.)
Nothing says summer like fresh fruit and who doesn’t like pizza?!? This slightly sweet sugar cookie crust pizza is topped with apricot cream cheese, bright red strawberries, juicy nectarines, and sweet blueberries. It’s the perfect make ahead brunch or dessert.
- In a mixing bowl cream your softened butter with the sugar and eggs until it is light, fluffy and a pale yellow color.
2. Mix in 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. After everything is combined slowly begin adding in your flour and beating it on low until it is combined together. The dough will be very soft.
4. Press your dough into a baking stone (You do not need to butter a stone.) or into a baking sheet (You will need to butter this.) until it is evenly distributed, flat, and pressed up against the edges. My baking stone is 13″x 18″ The size of your baking dish/stone will affect the baking time and thickness of the crust.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the crust has puffed up and is golden in color.
6. Remove the cookie crust from the oven and allow it to cool completely. I like to make mine the night before I am serving it. You can totally make this a cheater recipe by using store bought cookie dough, but I find this sugar cookie crust is so much tastier and holds up better in the fridge when topped with everything.
7. Make your cream cheese “sauce” by combining the softened cream cheese with a 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and the apricot jelly. You can do this ahead of time while the crust is baking and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to top the crust.
8. Cut up your strawberries while the crust is baking, but just wash the blueberries and nectarines. You don’t want the nectarines to turn brown .
9. When the crust is completely cooled spread it evenly with the cream cheese “sauce”. Evenly distribute the fruit on top. You can make a pattern, but I just find it easier to make sure it is evenly placed on the crust so that you get a bit of everything in every bite.
10. Heat up 1/2 cup of apricot jelly until it is runny, about 30 second in the microwave. Use a pastry brush to gently glaze the fruit with the jelly. It adds a nice sheen to everything and keeps the nectarines from turning brown.
11. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.