- 6 to 8 lbs Corned Beef Brisket or Round
- Several Cups-Enough to cover Corned Beef in cooking vessel Water
- 1 tbs Corned Beef Spices
- Salt. Pepper, and Butter (optional)
- 1 lb Potatoes
- 1 large head cabbage
This tradition meal of corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes is simple to make. I double up on the corned beef so I have extra for Rueban Sandwiches, Rueban Dip, and Corned Beef Hash. I also like to make Smashed Turnips and Carrots as a side.
- Place meat in a large crock pot on low heat for 6-8 hours or place in a large soup pot ,that has a lid, on medium heat for 4-6 hours.
- Cover the meat with water and add 1 tablespoon of Penzeys Corned Beef Spices or the seasoning packet that comes with meat.
- Turn on the heat and leave the meat alone until the allotted time has passed.
- Remove corned beef from the cooking vessel and place on a cookie sheet. cover with a aluminum foil, and set in an oven on very low to stay warm.
- If you cooked the meat in the crock pot, pour the water into a soup pan. If you cooked in a soup pan, simply leave the water in the pan. It’s full of flavor!
- Cut your cabbage into 4 large wedges and your potatoes into large, even chunks.
- Put your veggies into the water and place over high heat until water is boiling.
- Allow to boil for about 15-20 minutes until the cabbage and potatoes are fork tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, slice the meat against the grain so it is nice and tender.
- Serve with butter, salt and pepper.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0