|Turnips||1 large or 2 small|
|water||about 4 cups|
|Butter||2 tbsp more if desired|
|Salt and Pepper||to taste|
The Teacher's Table
This beautiful, buttery, vegetarian side dish is delicious. I like to serve it with Traditional Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes.
- First, wash, peel, and roughly chop the turnips and carrots into even pieces.
- Place in saucepan and cover vegetables with water.
- Bring to boil and allow to cook until the vegetables are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain water carefully.
- Use a potato masher to mash vegetables together.
- Finally, add at least 2 tablespoons of butter, salt, and pepper to taste. Butter makes everything better. Be generous with that and the cracked black pepper.