- 1 large or 2 small Turnips
- 4 large Carrots
- about 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp more if desired Butter
- to taste Salt and Pepper
This beautiful., buttery, vegetarian side dish is delicious and makes a wonderful side dish. I like to serve it with Traditional Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes.
- First, wash, peel, and roughly chop the turnips and carrots into even pieces.
- Place in saucepan and cover vegetables with water.
- Bring to boil and allow to cook until the vegetables are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain water carefully.
- Use a potato masher to mash vegetables together.
- Finally, add at least 2 tablespoons of butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0