|cream cheese-I use low-fat!||8 oz.|
|Swiss cheese-Sargento is the best!||8 oz. shredded or cut into small chunks|
|milk-I use skim||1/4 cup|
|sauerkraut drained||16 oz.|
|shredded or chopped corned beef -I use leftovers,but deli meat works too.||about 1 cup more if desired|
|rye bread, pumpernickel, crackers||1 loaf or 1 box. You decide!|
The Teacher's Table
This addictive Rueben Dip is full of corned beef and is perfectly cheesy.
- Shred up corned beef with a fork.
- Place butter and flour into a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir until butter is melted and flour is combined.
- Add in milk and stir to combine.
- Add cream cheese and Swiss cheese. Allow cheese to melt and become creamy. Stir every minute or so.
- Once cheese is melted add in drained sauerkraut and corned beef. Stir to combine.
- At this point you can eat it!
This dip is great to make ahead of time and can easily be reheated in a mini crock pot on low.
Serve with rye bread, pumpernickel bread, and/or crackers.