|block cheddar cheese||8 oz.|
|sliced fresh jalapeno||1-3 depending on size|
Easy Cheddar and Jalapeno Crackers are super tasty. They are only 2 ingredients. They are wonderful on their own, or they can be dipped in soup or chili.
- Grate you block of cheddar cheese. We like Cabot since Mr. Teacher is from Vermont. If you are trying to do low-fat they make a great 75% fat-free version that works great for this. That’s what I used in the ones that are pictured.
- Slice up your peppers. You don’t want them too thin, maybe a 1/4 of an inch.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Place you peppers into 8 to 10 little groups leaving space in-between for the melting cheese. Maybe do 4 to 6 pieces if you like things extra spicy.
- Place a pile of cheese on top of each grouping of jalapeno peppers.
- Put the sheet pan in to a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. You want the cheese to melt and become brown on the edges.
- When it they are brown on the edges, remove them from the oven. If they are touching use a spatula to separate the cheese piles before they cool all the way. Pull the parchment off the hot sheet pan and let the cheese crackers cool for a few minutes.
- Serve alone, wish soup, or chili.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!