- 5 oz. arugula
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 nectarines or peaches (You don't have to peel nectarines.)
- 1/2 cup lightly salted sunflower seeds
- 3 oz. crumbled feta ( I use fat-free.)
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil or grape seed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Nothing says summer like fresh fruit and veggies. This swift to throw together salad is full of juicy nectarines, plump blueberries, and sweet strawberries, all set upon a bed of fresh and peppery arugula, tossed in a peachy dressing and topped with feta and salty crunchy sunflower seeds. This salad is the perfect addition to any summer menu.
- Wash all of your fruit and the arugula. Make sure you dry everything. No one likes a soggy salad. I like to put everything into a big dishtowel and gently pat it dry.
- Place arugula into a large bowl.
- Slice up strawberries and nectarines/peaches into bite sized pieces. I use nectarines more frequently because you don’t have to peel them.
- Put all fruit on top of the arugula and top with feta and sunflower seeds. Perfectly Peachy Salad Dressing:
- Place oil, preserves, and vinegar into a bowl or container with a lid. Stir or shake until they are combined.
- I like to serve my dressing on the side, but feel free to toss the dressing with the salad.
Want to turn this salad into a meal? Add some sliced cooked chicken, turkey, or pork!
Want to earn money back on the groceries you buy every week? It’s so easy! Check out these two sites now!