|arugula||a few good handfuls|
|sliced strawberries||about a cup|
|nectarines, peaches, or apricots||2|
|lightly salted sunflower seeds, almonds, or pistachios||1/2 cup|
|crumbled feta ( I use fat-free.)||3 oz.|
|blackberries||about a cup|
|raspberries||about a cup|
|peach or apricot preserves||1/3 cup|
|apple cider vinegar||1/3 cup|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Nothing says summer like fresh fruit and veggies. This quick to throw together salad is full of juicy summer fruit, all set upon a bed of fresh and peppery arugula, tossed in a peachy dressing and topped with feta and salty crunchy nuts. This salad is the perfect addition to any summer menu.
- Wash all of your fruit and the arugula. Make sure you dry everything. No one likes a soggy salad. I like to put everything into a big dishtowel and gently pat it dry.
- Place arugula into a large bowl.
- Slice up strawberries and nectarines/peaches/apricots into bite sized pieces. I use nectarines more frequently because you don’t have to peel them.
- Put all fruit on top of the arugula and top with feta and sunflower seeds or nuts. Perfectly Peachy Salad Dressing:
- Place preserves and vinegar into a bowl or container with a lid. Stir or shake until they are combined.
- I like to serve my dressing on the side, but feel free to toss the dressing with the salad.
Want to turn this salad into a meal? Add some sliced cooked chicken, turkey, or pork!
Want to earn money back on the groceries you buy every week? It’s so easy! Check out these two sites now!