- 1 lb 80/20 hamburger
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup depending on how much you slather on the bun. pimento cheese
- 2 to 4 depending on how many burgers you are making. hamburger buns
- 6 to 8 pieces cooked bacon -See my oven baked recipe!
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- about 1 tablespoon butter or bacon fat to spread on buns
- Optional, but highly recommended: sliced fresh jalapeno, tomato, and red onion
The Teacher's Table
This thick, meaty burger is topped with smokey bacon, spicy jalapenos, and oozes with creamy pimento cheese filling. Totally delectable!
- Place hamburger in a mixing bowl with the Worcestershire sauce, pimento cheese and cayenne pepper. Mix with your hands until everything is combined.
- Form the meat into equal sized patties (making 2 or 4). I like to make a small divot on the top of my burgers so that they cook up flat. Also, I like them to be wide enough that they fill up the bun when they are cooked so I make them a bit larger in diameter than the buns. If you are making these for a get-together, you can make the burgers up to this point and refrigerate them until about 10 minutes before you cook them.
3. Allow the meat to rest on a plate while you toast the buns. These buns were spread with a little bacon fat and toasted in a frying pan on top of the stove for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Check out my recipe for Oven-Baked Bacon. .
4. Set buns aside and place your burgers in the same frying pan you just used to toast the buns. Keep the heat medium to medium high. Once you place the burgers in the pan, leave them alone. Do not move them around or press down on them. The meat needs to get yummy and caramelized. Cook for about 6 minutes and then flip. Cook for about 6 more minutes or until the burgers are done to your liking.
5. Remove from pan and on your toasted pimento cheese slathered bun. Top with cooked bacon, jalapeno, red onion and tomato.
6. Get out extra napkins and serve!
Want to earn money back on the groceries you buy every week? It’s so easy! Check out these two sites now!