- 1 large or 2 mediums sweet onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp add more if desired ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves fresh or dried
- 1/4 tsp or more is desired salt
These sweet, caramelized, and peppery onions are fabulous on steaks, in a grilled cheese or on top of my famous French Onion Soup Burger.
- Cut onions in half and then into half moon slices.
- Place in a pan over medium heat along with the olive oil.
- Stir to coat onions in the oil.
- Leave alone to cook, stirring about every 5 minutes for 20 minutes total.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the salt. Stir about every 5 minutes for 20 more minutes. (Hint: Keep the heat medium to low. Let the flavors grow.)
- When the onions are golden brown, remove them from the heat. Add the salt and serve. (Hint: You can make these ahead of time and store in the fridge.)
Share & Print
0 0 100 0