|sweet onion||1 large or 2 mediums|
|olive oil||2 tbsp|
|ground black pepper||1/2 tsp add more if desired|
|thyme leaves fresh or dried||1/2 tsp|
|salt||1/4 tsp or more is desired|
These sweet, caramelized, and peppery onions are fabulous on steaks, in a grilled cheese or on top of my famous French Onion Soup Burger.
- Cut onions in half and then into half moon slices.
- Place in a pan over medium heat along with the olive oil.
- Stir to coat onions in the oil.
- Leave alone to cook, stirring about every 5 minutes for 20 minutes total.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the salt. Stir about every 5 minutes for 20 more minutes. (Hint: Keep the heat medium to low. Let the flavors grow.)
- When the onions are golden brown, remove them from the heat. Add the salt and serve. (Hint: You can make these ahead of time and store in the fridge.)