|ice burg lettuce||1 head|
|cooked bacon cumbled||4 strips|
|fresh tomatoes, grape, cherry, or chunked||1 cup|
|sliced green olives||1 cup|
|Swiss cheese-I like Sargento.||4 oz.|
|fresh grated Parmesan||1/4 cup|
|diced red onion||1/4 cup|
|lemon juice||1 lemons worth|
|anchovy paste||1 tbsp|
|granulated garlic-I like Penzeys.||1 tsp|
|olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 tbsp|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Twisted 1905 Salad is a big hearty salad. I got the idea from one of my favorite places in St. Augustine, FL-The Columbia Restaurant.The original is in Yebor City, FL. They have served a very similar salad table side since 1905. I changed a few things around, but still kept the essence of the original dish. The crisp greens and sweet tomatoes go wonderfully with the zippy lemon garlic dressing. It’s like a kicked up Ceaser Salad.
- Squeeze your lemon juice into a large bowl.
- Add your olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire, and anchovy paste. Stir to combine.
- On top of the dressing break the lettuce up into bite-sized pieces.
- Add you tomatoes, red onion, and sliced olives. I used these olives. I love the buttery flavor they add.
- Slice your Swiss cheese into bite sized pieces. Add it and the Parmesan to the bowl.
- Toss everything together with the dressing and top with the bacon.
- Add salt and pepper if you desire. I like lots of pepper!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!