|fresh salmon, skin removed||1 lb|
|chili powder-I use Penzeys Medium Hot.||4 tbsp|
|granulated garlic powder-I use Penzeys.||1 tsp|
|granulated onion-I use Penzeys.||1 tsp|
|shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix||1 cup|
|fresh or frozen mango||1 or 1 cup|
|diced red onion||1/4 cup|
|red and green jalapenos||Start with 1/2 of each and add more if you like spicy.|
|lime juice-This is used twice.||1 limes worth|
|salt to taste|
Chili Encrusted Salmon Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa are a tropical get-a-way on a plate. Fresh salmon is encrusted with a light spicy chili and then served with fresh limey slaw and Mango Avocado Salsa. This is bright, colorful, flavorful yet easy dinner.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees and move the rack as close as you can to the top.
- In a small bowl combine the chili powder, granulated garlic, and granulated onion.
- Carefully cover all of the salmon with the chili powder mixture.
- Lay the salmon onto your baking stone or greased baking sheet and pop it in the oven.
- While the salmon is cooking make the salsa.
- Dice up your read onion and chilies. You don’t have to use 2 colors of chillies, but I think its really pretty.
- If you’re using fresh mango, carefully cut it into bite sized pieces. If you are using frozen mango let it thaw for a bit and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Add the mango to the chillies and onion.
- Cut your avocado up into small chunks and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Squeeze your lime juice on top you will only need 1/2 the lime. Season with a little salt.
- Let the salsa sit and prep the slaw
- In a bowl mix the other half of your lime juiced and the coleslaw mix.
- Warm your tortillas.
- The Salmon should be done after 12 minutes.
- Break it up into big chunks, place it in the tortillas with the slaw and salsa.
- Voila! You have a fresh delicious dinner!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!