- 3/4 cups melted butter
- 3/4 cups dark cocoa-I like King Arthur.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour- I like King Arthur.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla-This is used in the batter and in the peanut butter swirl
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
These are the ultimate fudgy brownies and they are swirled with creamy slightly salty peanut butter. They are so good you won’t want to share!
- Combine the melted butter with the sugar. Then add in your eggs, vanilla, and salt. If you add the eggs right to the melted butter you risk cooking them, so please add the sugar first. You do not need to use a mixer, but it does help.
Add your cocoa. I really like to use the dark cocoa because it's healthier and more intense, but it is not necessary, regular cocoa will work fine. King Arthur sells a dark chocolate cocoa and a black cocoa.
- Finally add your flour to the batter. Do not over work it, just mix it until it is combined.
- Butter a baking dish. I usually use my 13″ x 9″. Keep in mind that the size of baking dish you use will affect the thickness of the brownies and the cooking time.
- Pour your batter into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Make your peanut butter filling by mixing the 1 tsp. vanilla, peanut butter, and powdered sugar together.
- Dollop the peanut butter filling over the top of the brownie batter. Then swirl it lightly into the batter. It should look something like this.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will just be set on the edges and pulling away from the baking dish. You don’t want them over cooked. Keep the center fudgy.
- Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
The Teacher's Table
Share & Print
0 0 100 0