|ricotta (I use low-fat.)||1 1/2 cups|
|milk (I use skim.)||1/2 cup|
|fresh strawberries sliced||1/2 cup|
|fresh blueberries||1/2 cup|
|fresh raspberries||1/2 cup|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|zest of a lemon|
|Powdered Sugar for dusting|
This slightly sweet Triple Berry Ricotta Dutch Baby Pancake is filled with berries. It has a custardy texture that puffs up beautifully when baked. It makes an easy, yet impressive breakfast.
- Place butter into your oven safe skillet and place it in the oven at 425 degrees. You do not need a cast iron pan. Any oven safe skillet will work. A 10″ skillet will puff higher. I have a 12″ skillet, so that is what I use. You could even use a pie pan if you needed to.
- Slice, wash and pat dry your berries. Be very gentle with the raspberries as they are super fragile.
- Place the remaining ingredients (not the berries) in your blender and blend until smooth. I love my Ninja! You could also use a bowl and a mixer if you don’t have a blender, but a blender works best.
4. Carefully remove your skillet from the oven. Swirl or use a pastry brush to make sure the butter goes up the sides of the skillet too.
5. Pour the batter from the blender into the hot skillet.
6. Sprinkle the berries over the top of the batter. Try to evenly distribute them around the skillet.
7. Place the skillet back into the oven and leave it alone for 25 minutes. At that point peek in and see if the side have puffed and the center is set. At that point, carefully remove it from the oven.
8. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar and top with more fresh berries if you desire. I like to let it cool for a few minutes before cutting it into 4 wedges at the table and serving.