- 8-10 oz. baby romaine lettuce blend
- 1/2 of a small onion thinly sliced red onion
- 3 oz. sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese-I love Gorgonzola.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt and pepper to taste
I love the sweet chewy sun-dried tomatoes paired with the creamy avocado, crunchy almonds, and the sharp, earthy blue cheese. This salad is super yummy and healthy!
- Wash and dry your lettuce.
- Chop up your avocado.
- Thinly slice your onion.
- Place lettuce, sun-dried tomatoes, almonds, avocados, and onions into a large bowl.
- Place crumbled blue cheese, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, and then the honey (Measure the olive oil before the honey so the honey won’t stick.) into a container with a lid.
- Shake vigorously.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
I like to serve the salad dressing on the side. This way everyone can add the amount they desire.
Want to turn this into a meal? Add some cooked chicken or turkey.