- 1 cup Pancake Mix-I use King Arthur.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, not pie mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus more for on top if desired pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-I use Penzeys.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-I use Penzeys.
- 1 egg
These Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes are the perfect sweet treat for breakfast or brunch.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl and stir to combine. I use King Arthur Buttermilk Pancake Mix, but any would do.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush skillet with butter or oil.
- Use a measuring cup to get the same size pancakes. I use my half cup measuring cup. Pour the batter into the skillet and allow it to cook until bubble form, about 2 minutes.
- Gently flip the pancake over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until firm.
- Place in a warm oven to until your done cooking all of the pancakes. Then serve with real maple syrup and more pecans if desired.
Tip: Do you have pancakes left over? No problem! Lay them flat on a cookie sheet in the freezer. When they are frozen layer them between wax or parchment paper in a freezer bag. They will be ready for a quick breakfast by heating them up in the toaster or oven.
Do you want really flavorful pecans? Spread them onto a plate and pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes. Gently stir and cook for another minute or 2 or until you smell the nuttiness coming out.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!