|diced bell pepper in assorted colors
|about 1 1/2 cups
|cleaned and hollowed out large bell peppers
|salt and pepper to taste
|sliced Swiss and/ or provolone cheese
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are delicious any day of the week, but I like to give them a Halloween Twist by using orange bell peppers. These Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are no carb and gluten-free.
The Teacher's Table
1. Place hamburger into a skillet over medium high heat. Cook breaking the meat apart into small chunks for about 8 minutes.
2. Add your diced bell pepper and sliced onions to the meat. If I am stuffing orange bell peppers, I like to use a contrasting bell pepper color to make the dish more visually interesting. You do eat with your eyes first! Cook everything together for another 3 minutes or so.
3. While the mixture is cooking heat up your oven to 425 degrees and hollow out your bell peppers that you will use for stuffing.
4. Add your minced garlic, A1 sauce, and tomato paste to the meat mixture. Cook everything together for another minute or so. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in all but 4 slices of cheese into the meat mixture. I like to use a mixture of Swiss and provolone. Swiss inside the peppers and sliced provolone on top of the peppers.
6. Carefully fill your hollowed out peppers with the now cheesy meat mixture. Really stuff them! Pop the peppers into the oven for 10 minutes to cook the outside of the pepper.
7. Remove the peppers from the oven and top the peppers with the remaining 4 slices of cheese. Put the peppers back in the oven for a minute or 2 to melt the cheese. (HINT) If you want to top the peppers with lids, make sure you cook the pepper lids for a few minutes too so the top and the bottom colors match. The peppers look like little cheesy pumpkins when they are topped and are super cute!
8. Serve immediately with more A1 if desired.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!