|all purpose flour-I use King Arthur's.
|cinnamon-I use Penzeys.
|nutmeg-I use Penzeys.
|cloves-I use Penzeys.
Baked Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cider Donuts are a little bit of fall heaven. They take me back to being a little girl in Michigan where we used to go to the apple farm to get fresh pressed apple cider and fried apple cider donuts. This recipe only makes 6 because I could seriously eat all of them in one sitting and even though they are baked, I probably shouldn’t do it. It can easily be doubled if you have a larger family or you feel like splurging.
The Teacher's Table
1. Put 2/3 cup of apple cider and 3 tablespoons of butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and set aside to cool a bit.
2. In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. Add the melted butter and cider to the dry mixture. Stir to combine. Do not over stir! You don’t want tough donuts.
4. Put the batter into your greased pan of choice. I used a large muffin tin and tightly pressed together balls of greased aluminum foil to make my donuts because I don’t own a donut pan. I did have to gently cut out the balls from the center of the donuts with a butter knife, but when you add the glaze you couldn’t even tell. You could also just use a mini muffin tin and call them donut holes or a real donut pan.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
6. While the donuts are baking you can make the glaze. Combine 1/4 cup of cider with 1 tsp cinnamon, and 2/3 cups of powdered sugar.
7. Remove the donuts from the oven. Gently remove aluminum foil balls if needed. While the donuts are still hot cover them using a spoon with glaze.
8. Eat immediately!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!