- 1 cup shredded chicken or turkey
- 2 tbsp curry powder-I use Penzeys.
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt-I like non-fat Fage.
- 2/3 cup sliced grapes-I like both red and green for color
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- serve on a bed of greens, crackers, toasted bread I really like it on Ezekeal bread!
Curry Chicken Salad- This fresh and tasty chicken salad gets a pop of sweetness from the grapes and a crunch from almonds. I make it with non-fate Greek yogurt too. Not only is is fat free, it has all the extra protein and probiotics from the yogurt. You can use what ever chicken you have on hand. I used chicken thighs that I had cooked up in the crock-pot a few days before. It’s great on top of mixed greens, with your favorite crackers, or on toasted nutty bread.
- Mix your yogurt with the curry powder to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. This tastes great right away, but even better the next day.
- Serve with your choice of mixed greens, crackers or as a sandwich. Try it on Ezekiel or Dave’s Killer Bread. The nuttiness of the bread really goes well with this.