- 2 1/2 cups Peanut Butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla (Real, not intimation!)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cup depending on how sweet you want it brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 cups or 4 medium apples sliced apples
- at least 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped peanuts
Pumpkin spice is nice, but when I think of fall I want caramel and more specifically caramel apples. This easy Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Pizza is the perfect fall dessert! It’s a crunchy peanut butter cookie that is spread with a peanut butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar frosting. Then it’s topped with fresh apples, drizzled with caramel sauce, and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. Is your mouthwatering?
- Mix 2 cups of peanut butter, 2 eggs, 2 cups of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla in a bowl until they are combined. Mr. Teacher is picky about peanut butter, so we use Peter Pan Natural Peanut Butter.
- Spread the dough unto your greased baking sheet or baking stone. I used my Pampered Chef Large Round Stone . No greasing required and it makes the perfect dish to transport my pizza on when it’s done. I leave about an inch on the sides when I spread out the dough because it will spread a bit as it bakes. You can make this in a square or rectangle baking dish too. I just really like the look of it round.
- Place the dough into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. It will expand and it will look soft upon taking it out. Just leave it alone for a few minutes. It will be fine! I promise!
- While the cookie crust cools, you can slice the apples. Any apples will work, but I like a tart, crisp apple. These are mcintosh apples. Thinly slice them and soak them in some water mixed with a splash of vinegar or vinegar so they don’t turn brown. I used a splash of apple cider vinegar here.
5. In a bowl combine your cream cheese (I’ve fallen for Arla’s Cream Cheese.) , remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla (Get the real stuff!), and 1/2 to 1 cup of brown sugar depending on how sweet you want it. Blend until smooth.
6. When the cookie crust is completely cool, spread the cream cheese mixture over the top.
7. Dry your apples on a paper towel so they aren’t drippy and then arrange them on top of the cookie. Drizzle everything with Caramel Sauce. I used Smuckers Brand. Top with toasted chopped nuts.
Tip: You can toast your nuts in the microwave! Simply put your nuts in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2 minutes. Stir and repeat in 30 second intervals until they smell and look all toasty.
This can be served immediately, but it does keep for up to a day in the refrigerator. I just know you’re going to love it!
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to comment and share!