- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup toppings of your choice- fresh, dried, or frozen blueberries, cherries, apples, cranberries,raisins, coconut, chocolate, walnuts, pecans, almonds, ect.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup-Get the real stuff!
- 2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups total milk-skim, unsweetened coconut or almond. Sometimes I add a little apple juice too!
- Optional- vanilla extract, almond extract, brown sugar
So the name isn’t super fantastic, but the oatmeal is. I promise it will rival anything you can get in the drive thru. I eat this breakfast staple nearly every morning at work. It can be prepared ahead of time and simply microwaved when you are ready to eat.
- Take out 4 microwave safe containers with lids.
- Next, divide the fruit, nuts, and maple syrup evenly between the 4 containers. Do not use yucky intimation syrup! I know it is more expensive, but it is so worth it to get the real stuff!!! Sometimes I add a little brown sugar if I want a sweeter treat. It works out to be about 1/4 cup of topping per container.
- Put 1/2 cup of oatmeal in each one.
- Sprinkle everything with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Pour 3/4 cup of milk over the top or 1/2 up milk and 1/4 cup apple juice Also, if your using coconut, use coconut milk. If your using almonds, try almond milk. It just adds more flavor.
- Place lid on the container and refrigerate.
- When you are ready to eat, remove the lid. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave up to an additional minute if needed.
- Optional-Add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract. I usually do almond extract if I am using almonds. It just adds another layer of flavor to make it even more special. Always make sure you’re using pure extracts. I like Penzeys!
fresh, frozen or dried blueberries and almonds
dried cherries and almonds
dried apricots or peaches with almonds ( I will cut the apricots and peaches up a little. )
dried cherries, apricots, pecans or almonds
raisins and walnuts
apples and walnuts ( Add a little apple juice when using apples. Pump up the flavor!)
raisins, fresh or dried apples, and walnuts
dried cranberries, fresh or dried apples, and walnuts
dried cranberries with either almonds or walnuts
coconut, chocolate,and almonds (Use coconut or almond milk for added flavor!)
1 tbsp peanut butter and dried or fresh apples
dried pineapple, coconut, and almonds (Use coconut or almond milk for added flavor!)
Want to earn money back on the groceries you buy every week? It’s so easy! Check out these two sites now!