|white mushroom sliced||1 cup|
|diced onion||1/4 cup|
|minced garlic||2 cloves|
|olive oil||1 tbsp|
|beef broth||2 cups|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1/2 tsp|
|salt and pepper||To taste-I would recommend at least 1/2 tsp of each.|
This simple gravy is the perfect topper to my Schweine Schnitzel, but it is also fantastic on mashed potatoes or with roast beef.
- Saute mushrooms with olive oil over medium heat in a sauce pan until they are nice and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add the diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, thyme, salt, pepper, and cornstarch in a liquid measuring cup. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the onions and garlic. Add the mushrooms back and turn up the heat to high.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook stirring every minute or so for 3 minutes.