|thinly sliced pork chops||1 lb|
|sliced mushrooms||1/2 cups|
|diced onion||1/2 cup|
|sour cream- I use low-fat Breakstones or Daisy||1 cup|
|natural chicken broth||1 cup|
|granulated onion-I like Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|granulated garlic-I like Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Mushroom Gravy Smothered Pork Chops is a quick, comforting, and hearty meal. The creamy, earthy, mushroom gravy is amazing on the pork. I like serve mashed potatoes on the side.
- Mix the granulated garlic, granulated onion, and flour together into a large container with a lid.
- Add your pork chops to the container, put on the lid, and shake everything until the pork chops are lightly dusted with flour. Shake the excess flour off the pork chops and save it for later.
- Put 1 tbsp of butter into a skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted begin to add your pork chops into the skillet. Do not over lap them, but cook them in batches. I can usually fit 3 to 4 in a pan at a time.
- Cook the pork chops about 3 minutes per side. When the first batch is done, set it aside and continue cooking the remainder of the pork chops in the same manner.
- When all of the pork chops are cooked and removed from the pan, put the diced onions and mushrooms into the skillet. Cook them for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are nicely browned and the onions are soft. Then set them aside.
- Add the remainder of the butter to the same skillet along with the reserved flour that was used to bread the pork chops. Cook it for about a minute to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Begin to carefully pour the chicken broth in the skillet. Whisk it together until it is smooth and all the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the sour cream in the same manner.
- Add your cooked mushrooms and onions to the skillet and allow it to cook together for a minute or 2.
- Add your pork chops, all of them this time, into the skillet and coat them with the gravy. Cook them for about 5 minutes. Taste everything and add salt and pepper.
- Remove everything from the pan and top with green onions, parsley, or chives as a garnish if desired.