|soft Haas avocado
|about 1 cup
|ground pepper to taste
|black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or chia seeds optional
|diced beets and avocado optional
These Demon Eggs are perfect for Halloween! They look super creepy, but are amazingly delicious. They are died with beet juice and the filling is only 2 ingredients, yolk and avocado.
1. Hard boil your eggs. I like to place my eggs in a sauce pan. Cover them with cold water. Bring the water up to a boil. Cover the pot and let them sit for 10 minutes. Then I drain the eggs and put them in the refrigerator to cool. This can easily be done a few days in advance. (Hint) The older the eggs, the easier it peels.
2. When the eggs are cool, kind crunch up the shell by rolling them on the counter.
3. Place them in a shallow bowl and pour the beet juice over the eggs. I simply just bought a few cans of beets and used the juice to dye them. Allow them to sit in the beet juice for at least 15 minutes. Then rotate the eggs and allow them to sit again for at least 15 more minutes. I put them in the refrigerate during this time. The longer you leave them the more purple they will be.
4. Remove the eggs from the beet juice and put them on a dark colored towel to dry for a few minutes. I think I let mine sit for 10 minutes.
5. Carefully peel the eggs and rinse them with cool water. The dye will not come off and the eggs should look almost tie-dyed.
6. Cut the eggs in half. Scoop the yolks into a bowl.
7. Mash the yolks with 2 soft avocados and season with salt and pepper if desired.
8. Spoon the avocado mixture into the eggs.
9. Top with black sesame seeds, chia seeds, or poppy seeds if desired. I also made a bed for the eggs on top of some diced beets and avocado so the eggs wouldn’t slide around.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!