|mixed baby lettuces washed and dried||8 oz. or more if desired|
|chunked cheddar cheese||8 oz.|
|chopped walnuts||3/4 cup|
|thinly sliced red onion (optional)||1/4 cup|
|Dijon mustard||1/3 cup|
|apple cider vinegar||1/3 cup|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Apple Walnut Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing is perfect for fall. The bright and tangy honey mustard dressing perfectly complements the sweet crisp apples, crunchy walnuts, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Place your greens in a large bowl.
- Wash, dry, and chop up your apples. I like to use a mixture of honey crisp and Granny Smith apples.
- Chunk up you cheese. A good sharp cheddar is best. I prefer Cabot, but any will do.
- Thinly slice your onions.
- Chop up your walnuts if they are super large to make them bite sized.
- Top your greens with the apples, cheese, walnuts, and onions. I take this salad to family dinners frequently and it travels very well if you keep the dressing on the side. I like to make it the night before too. I would recommend keeping the onions and apples in separate containers until serving time though.
The Teacher's Table
Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a container with a lid place equal amounts of Dijon mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. I use 1/3 cup of each.
- Put the lid on the container and shake vigorously.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. I go heavy on the pepper and don’t usually add any salt.
The dressing will keep for about 2 weeks, just shake it before serving. The dressing is also fabulous as a marinade and sauce on chicken or pork.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!