- 8 oz. or more if desired mixed baby lettuces washed and dried
- 2 chopped apples
- 8 oz. chunked cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Apple Walnut Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing is perfect for fall. The bright and tangy honey mustard dressing perfectly complements the sweet crisp apples, crunchy walnuts, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Place your greens in a large bowl.
- Wash, dry, and chop up your apples. I like to use a mixture of honey crisp and Granny Smith apples.
- Chunk up you cheese. A good sharp cheddar is best. I prefer Cabot, but any will do.
- Thinly slice your onions.
- Chop up your walnuts if they are super large to make them bite sized.
- Top your greens with the apples, cheese, walnuts, and onions. I take this salad to family dinners frequently and it travels very well if you keep the dressing on the side. I like to make it the night before too. I would recommend keeping the onions and apples in separate containers until serving time though.
The Teacher's Table
Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a container with a lid place equal amounts of Dijon mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. I use 1/3 cup of each.
- Put the lid on the container and shake vigorously.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. I go heavy on the pepper and don’t usually add any salt.
The dressing will keep for about 2 weeks, just shake it before serving. The dressing is also fabulous as a marinade and sauce on chicken or pork.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!