|melted butter||3/4 cup|
|dark cocoa -King Arthur has a couple really yummy cocoas.||3/4 cup|
|white sugar||2 cups|
|all purpose flour-I like King Arthur.||1 cup|
|vanilla-I use Penzeys.||1 tsp|
|walnuts, pecans, or almonds (optional)||1 cup|
|powdered sugar (optional)||about 1/4 cup|
These are the ultimate Fudgy Brownies. My mom perfected the recipe when my sisters and I were little. They are moist, chewy, dark chocolate deliciousness.
- Melt butter.
- Combine the melted butter with the sugar. Then add in your eggs, vanilla, and salt. If you add the eggs right to the melted butter you risk cooking them, so please add the sugar first. You do not need to use a mixer, but it does help.
- Add your cocoa. I really like to use the dark cocoa because it’s healthier and more intense, but it is not necessary, regular cocoa will work fine. King Arthur sells a dark chocolate cocoa and a black cocoa.
- Finally add your flour to the batter. Do not over work it, just mix it until it is combined.
- Butter a baking dish. I usually use my 13″ x 9″. Keep in mind that the size of baking dish you use will affect the thickness of the brownies and the cooking time. You can look at my Pinterest Board: Hints, Tips, and Tricks for pan size modifications.
- Pour your batter into the baking dish and spread it out evenly. At this point, if you are using nuts, sprinkle them on top of the batter.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. The brownies will just be set on the edges and pulling away from the baking dish. You don’t want them over cooked. Keep the center fudgy.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar if you desire.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!