- 4-6 oz. watercress or arugula
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups pitted fresh Bing, Aueen Anne, or Rainer cherries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup strawberry or cherry preserves/jelly
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
This fresh Cherry, Goat Cheese and Almond Salad is the perfect way to show case summer’s gorgeous fruits. The sweetness of the cherries pairs perfectly with the creamy earthiness of the goat cheese, the pepperiness of the greens, and the crunch of the almonds.
- Wash and dry your arugula or watercress. No one likes a soggy salad. You don’t have to use bitter, peppery greens, but I feel it really enhances this salad.
- Put your lettuce into a large bowl and top with the remainder of the ingredients. Pitting the cherries takes the most time here, but it is worth it! The grocery store was out of Rainer cherries the day I made this, but if you can mix a few different kinds, this salad is extra pretty. You can leave the pitted cherries whole or cut them up. You decide!
- In a bowl of container with a lid, combine your cherry or strawberry preserves and balsamic vinegar. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. I like lots of pepper and a little salt.
- Serve the dressing on the side or toss it with the salad.
Want to make this a meal? Add some cooked turkey, chicken, pork, or salmon.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!