|cream cheese-I used Arla, but any will work.||2-8oz. packages|
|sharp cheddar-We love Cabot, but any will work.||16 oz.|
|Ranch Dip Packet/Penzeys Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Seasoning||1 package or 2 Tablespoons.|
|optional- one of the following items dried parsley, chili powder, paprika, dried nuts, fresh herbs||2-3 tablespoons|
This traditional Cheddar Cheese Ball only has 4 ingredients and comes together in about 10 minutes. I promise it will be devoured at your next party with your favorite veggies or crackers. It can easily be made a few days in advance too.
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator a few minutes before you want to make this. It makes blending everything up much easier.
- Put the cream cheese into a bowl with you shredded sharp cheddar cheese and your seasoning. Get a good cheddar cheese! If you want to make this quick the pre-shredded stuff works great, but Mr. Teacher loves his Cabot Sharp Cheddar, so I usually grate that myself. You can use a ranch dressing seasoning packet, but I am a huge Penzeys fan, so I used 2 tablespoons of their Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix.
- Blend with a mixer or with a spoon until well combined.
- Using your hands create a ball with the cheese mixture.
- Gently roll the ball in the coating of your choice by dumping a few tablespoons of parsley onto a dinner plate. Then I roll the ball around until it is covered. I used dried parsley, but paprika, toasted nuts, chili powder, or fresh herbs would work. If you’re running extra short on time, this can just be left in a pretty bowl and served as a spread.
- Place in a sealed container or wrap and keep in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers, toasted bread, pretzels, or veggies.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!