|Pancake Mix-I use King Arthur.||1 cup|
|canned pumpkin, not pie mix||1 cup|
|milk-This will be used twice.||1 cup|
|cinnamon-I use Penzeys.||1 teaspoon|
|chocolate chips-I used dark Ghirardelli chips.||1 cup|
|vanilla-I used Penzeys. This will be used twice.||2 teaspoons|
|cream cheese-I used Arla.||1/2 cup|
I love pumpkin and chocolate. These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes are perfect! The vanilla cream cheese drizzle cuts the subtle sweetness and adds an almost cheesecake flavor to the pancakes.
- Add the pancake mix, pumpkin, 3/4 cup milk, egg, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla into the bowl. Stir to combine. I use King Arthur Buttermilk Pancake Mix, but any would do.
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush skillet with butter or oil.
- Use a measuring cup to get the same size pancakes. I use my half cup measuring cup. Pour the batter into the skillet and allow it to cook until bubble form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently flip the pancake over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until firm.
- Place in a warm oven to until your done cooking all of the pancakes.
- While the pancakes are cooking, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of milk, with the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and sugar. Stir to combine. If you feel the mixture is too thick. Add more milk.
- When you’re done cooking all of your pancakes, serve them with the vanilla cream cheese drizzled all over the top.
Tip: Do you have pancakes left over? No problem! Lay them flat on a cookie sheet in the freezer. When they are frozen layer them between wax or parchment paper in a freezer bag. They will be ready for a quick breakfast by heating them up in the toaster or oven.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!