|Pancake Mix-I use King Arthur.
|canned pumpkin, not pie mix
|milk-This will be used twice.
|cinnamon-I use Penzeys.
|chocolate chips-I used dark Ghirardelli chips.
|vanilla-I used Penzeys. This will be used twice.
|cream cheese-I used Arla.
I love pumpkin and chocolate. These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes are perfect! The vanilla cream cheese drizzle cuts the subtle sweetness and adds an almost cheesecake flavor to the pancakes.
- Add the pancake mix, pumpkin, 3/4 cup milk, egg, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla into the bowl. Stir to combine. I use King Arthur Buttermilk Pancake Mix, but any would do.
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush skillet with butter or oil.
- Use a measuring cup to get the same size pancakes. I use my half cup measuring cup. Pour the batter into the skillet and allow it to cook until bubble form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently flip the pancake over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until firm.
- Place in a warm oven to until your done cooking all of the pancakes.
- While the pancakes are cooking, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of milk, with the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and sugar. Stir to combine. If you feel the mixture is too thick. Add more milk.
- When you’re done cooking all of your pancakes, serve them with the vanilla cream cheese drizzled all over the top.
Tip: Do you have pancakes left over? No problem! Lay them flat on a cookie sheet in the freezer. When they are frozen layer them between wax or parchment paper in a freezer bag. They will be ready for a quick breakfast by heating them up in the toaster or oven.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!