- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa- I like King Arthur.
- 1 cup all purpose flour- I like King Arthur.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla-This is used in the batter and in the coconut mixture.
- 1-8oz. can sweet condensed milk-I used low-fat
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
These brownies are my favorite. They remind me of an ooey, gooey Mounds bar, only better. If you love coconut and dark chocolate, you’re going to love them too!
- Melt butter.
- Combine the melted butter with the sugar. Then add in your eggs, vanilla, and salt. If you add the eggs right to the melted butter you risk cooking them, so please add the sugar first. You do not need to use a mixer, but it does help.
- Add your cocoa. I really like to use the dark cocoa because it’s healthier and more intense, but it is not necessary, regular cocoa will work fine. King Arthur sells a dark chocolate cocoa and a black cocoa.
- Finally add your flour to the batter. Do not over work it, just mix it until it is combined.
- Butter a baking dish. I usually use my 13″ x 9″. Keep in mind that the size of baking dish you use will affect the thickness of the brownies and the cooking time.
- Pour your batter into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Make your coconut swirl by combining 1 tsp of vanilla with the sweet condensed milk and the coconut.
- Dollop the mixture over the batter and give it a little swirl. It should look something like the picture below.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will just be set on the edges and pulling away from the baking dish. You don’t want them over cooked. Keep the center fudgy.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar if you desire.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to comment and share!