|80/20 hamburger||1 lb|
|cooked bacon||4-8 slices|
|crumbled blue cheese-I like Gorgonzola||1/4 cup|
|cream cheese-I use low-fat||2 tbsp|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 tbsp|
|granulated garlic powder-I always use Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|granulated onion powder-I always use Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|cracked black pepper-I always use Penzeys.||1/4 tsp|
|optional, but recommended: sliced red onion and tomato|
|hamburger bun-Get the good ones from the bakery!||2-4|
|softened butter or bacon fat to spread on the buns|
Blue Cheese Avocado Burger is a two-handed, extra napkin kind of burger. It is bursting with robust blue cheese sauce, creamy avocado, and crunchy bacon.
The Teacher's Table
- Remove your burger from the fridge so it can come down to room temperature.
- Mix you cream cheese and blue cheese together in a bowl. I usually use crumbled Gorgonzola, but any crumbled blue cheese will work.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to the hamburger meat. Squish it together until it is evenly mixed.
- Depending on the size of burger you want, divide the meat into 2 or 4 even balls. Flatten them out with a divot in the middle .
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of the blue cheese mixture to the divots.
- Then gently cover the blue cheese with the burger. Don’t squish them down!
- Allow the burgers to rest while your butter your buns. Some times I don’t use butter, but left over bacon fat on my buns. It just adds a little extra bacon flavor!
- Toast the buns in a skillet over medium high heat for a minute or 2. You don’t want them to burn, so watch them closely.
- Place you burgers into the skillet or onto the grill. Let them cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping them over. You only want to flip them once!
- After you flip them, allow them too cook for an additional 4-5 minutes per side.
- While the burgers are cooking mash up your avocado and spread it on to the bottom buns.
- Get out your cooked bacon, slice your onion and tomato if desired. I usually have pre-cooked bacon in the fridge for snacking and sandwiches. I cook it in the oven. Check out my Oven Baked Bacon.
- When the burgers are done place them onto the avocado spread buns. Dollop them with more blue cheese sauce. Top them with the bacon, onion, and tomatoes.
- Enjoy with extra napkins!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!