|zucchini and/or yellow summer squash||1 lb|
|shredded Parmesan||1 cup|
|granulated garlic||1/2 tsp|
|granulated onion||1/2 tsp|
|choose 1-smoked paprika, Hungarian Paprika, cayenne pepper||1/2 tsp|
These Baked Parmesan Zucchini slices are the perfect side with almost any dinner. They are low in fat, have zero carbs, and tons of flavor. We eat them regularly in place of French fries with sandwiches and burgers. I like to serve them with Spicy Sriracha Sour Cream Sauce.
- Wash,pat dry, and slice your zucchini and/or yellow squash into 1/4 inch slices. I like to use both kinds of squash because I think it looks pretty. Sometimes I even get the pre-sliced stuff when it is on sale at the grocery store.
- Lay all of the sliced zucchini and/or yellow squash out evenly and close to one another on to your baking stone or sheet pan. If you’re using a metal pan you will want to grease it. That’s a bonus with a well cured stone,no fat required!
- In a bowl, mix your shredded Parmesan, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and one of the following smoked paprika for a slightly smoky taste, Hungarian paprika for a hint of sweetness and pretty color, or cayenne pepper for a little more spice. Shredded really does work best here! I get it in large containers from BJ’s or Costco since we use it all of the time. I also use Penzeys Spices. They add a ton of flavor!
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sliced zucchini and/or yellow squash.
- Put it in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. The zucchini and/or yellow squash will soften and the cheese will melt and get kind of crispy. YUM!