- 3-4 baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (I use cayenne pepper for an extra kick.)
I love French Fries, but I try not to eat a lot of fried greasy food. These fries cook up nice and crunchy with only a little oil. I truly think the baking stone also plays a large part in how crispy they get.
- Scrub your potatoes. I leave the skins on. It makes prep time quicker and I feel the fries are healthier and look prettier that way.
- Slice your potatoes in half and then slice them length wise until they get to be about a centimeter thick and wide. The thinner you cut them however, the faster they will cook. Try to cut them all the same size.
3. Place them in a bowl with a lid along with the olive oil, salt, and pepper of your choice.
4. Toss to coat the potatoes with everything.
6. Place fries in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes remove the fries, and flip them over. The underside should be nice and crispy. Place fries back in the oven for 20 or so more minutes or until they reach your desired crispness. I like mine crispy!