- 10 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese-I use low-fat.
- 10 pieces bacon
This is by far, my most requested recipe. It hits all of your tastes buds-spicy, creamy, salty, smoky, and sweet. This is a recipe for 4 people, but it can very easily be doubled or tripled for events. The poppers can also be made in advance and cooked right before serving.
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Cut peppers in half. I don’t wear gloves, but DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!
- Use a spoon to scrap our the seed.
- Use a spoon to stuff the peppers with cream cheese.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap it around the peppers. Leave the end of the bacon on the bottom of the pepper so it stays wrapped while cooking.
- At this point you can refrigerate the poppers until you want to cook them or you can cook them.
- You can cook these on a grill pan with the grill at about 400 degrees or in a 400 degree oven. I usually use my baking stone.
- Cook poppers for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is done to your liking.
While the poppers are cooking, you can make the sauce.
Red Raspberry Sauce
- Place apricot jelly and raspberries in a bowl.
- Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Stir and mash up the berries slightly.