- 10 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 tbsp cream cheese-I use low-fat.
- 1/2 cup white extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded-We use Cabot.
- 10 pieces bacon
This is a spin on my most requested recipe, Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Poppers, Mr. Teacher prefers cheddar cheese. This is a recipe for 4 people, but it can very easily be doubled or tripled for events. The poppers can also be made in advance and cooked right before serving.
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Cut peppers in half. I don’t wear gloves, but DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!
- Use a spoon to scrap our the seed.
- Combine shredded cheddar and cream cheese.
- Use a spoon to stuff the peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap it around the peppers. Leave the end of the bacon on the bottom of the pepper so it stays wrapped while cooking.
- At this point you can refrigerate the poppers until you want to cook them or you can cook them.
- You can cook these on a grill pan with the grill at about 400 degrees or in a 400 degree oven. I usually use my baking stone.
- Cook poppers for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is done to your liking.
- Serve alone or with your favorite ranch dressing. This is Mr. Teacher’s favorite way!