- 4 slices Bread-I like the bread that is pictured, but any will do.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 slices cooked bacon
- about 8 oz. sliced white sharp cheddar-We like Cabot.
- 2-3 tbsp raspberry jelly is my favorite, but apricot, peach, strawberry, or blueberry also works
- 1-2 thinly sliced jalapeno pepper
This deliciously cheesy and spicy sandwich was inspired by my need for lunch one weekend and my love of Bacon, Cream Cheese, Jalapeno Poppers. It’s filling, easy, and totally satisfying! This makes 2 sandwiches, but it could easily be doubled.
- Butter the outside of the bread. If the butter is hard, pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Spread the jam of your choice onto the insides off all 4 slices. My favorite is raspberry.
- Top 2 slices of bread with cheese. (HINT: I slice an entire 8 oz block. I divide it into 4 small piles so I can have lots of cheese on the top and the bottom of the sandwich.)
- Add the cooked bacon and sliced jalapeno to the slices of bread with the cheese. (HINT: Don’t have cooked bacon? Don’t worry! Put 4-6 slices wrapped in paper towel in the microwave for 2 minutes. If it still isn’t quite done, put it back in for another minute or 2. I do this all the time for burgers and sandwiches!)
- Top the bacon and jalapenos with the rest of the cheese. Then place the top on the sandwich pressing down slightly to squish it together.
- Place in skillet over medium low heat. Cook about 5 minutes or until golden and then flip. Cook another 5 minutes or so, but watch it closely.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
I usually cook my sandwiches on the stove top, but you could also use the oven if you were making several sandwiches.