- 12 eggs
- 1 soft avocado
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo-I make my own, but you can use store bought.
- sliced jalapeno-optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Deviled Eggs are a healthy tasty twist on the original. For a girl who doesn’t like mayo and loves creamy avocado they are a dream come true! The little added kick from jalapenos and Pico de Gallo make this the perfect appetizer.
- Put your eggs into a pot Cover the eggs with water and bring everything up to a boil. When it reaches that point, shut off the heat and cover your the pot for 15 minutes. This yields perfectly yellow yolks every time!
- After 15 minutes has passed dump out the hot water and cover your eggs with ice and cold water to cool off for 30 minutes-1 day.
- Peel your eggs carefully and discard the shell. I like to rinse my eggs to make sure there is no shell remaining. HINT: If you want eggs that peel easier, use ones that are older. The newer the egg the tougher they are to peel. Also, try running them under water as you peel them.
- Cut your eggs in half vertically or horizontally. I did mine vertically for something different. I also cut a tiny sliver of the white off of each end so that they didn’t wobble around. I just threw the little pieces into the filling so there wasn’t any waste.
- Remove the yellow yolks and mix it with your soft avocado. Taste it and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the white part of the egg.
- Top with Pico de Gallo and a slice of jalapeno if desired. You can use store bought pico, but my recipe is really easy! Pico de Gallo
- These a can be made a day before serving.
I love these, but some people in my family are traditionalists. Try my Traditional Deviled Eggs.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to comment and share!