The Teacher's Table
Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day more than fresh berries and chocolate, and Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching! In fact, I can’t believe it will be here a less than a week. If you are still searching for a delicious way to show your loved ones how much you care, you can stop looking! Here are two of my favorite ways to show some love this time of year.
#1-Fudgy Brownie Cups with Sweet Cream Cheese and Fresh Berries– These brownie cups bake up moist and fudgy. Then they are filled with the sweet cream cheese that is reminiscent of cheesecake without all of the work. They are absolutely amazing topped with fresh berries. I used raspberries here, but strawberries are wonderful too. They also just happen to be in season right now here in Florida as well. These brownie cups can be made a few days before and filled with the cream cheese filling before serving.
#2-No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bars-Oh my god are these bars tasty and easy!!!! Very Berry Cheerios is mixed with gooey sweet marshmallows and freeze dried strawberries. Then they are topped with melted dark chocolate. I could eat the whole pan and bet you will want to as well.
I just know you will love both of these desserts, so go ahead and make both!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!
The Teacher's Table
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the second post of Five on Friday. Every Friday I will list the top five things that made me happy this week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I will share it with you here every Friday.
- I got to go back to work this week. Yes, restful summer is over, but I work really amazing people and we have a lot of fun even if our jobs are very stressful at times. I truly love being a teacher and after sitting through some trainings this week I am pumped to meet my new set of 4th graders Saturday morning at open house. Now I just need to put the finishing touches on my room so we can “Flutter Through Fourth Grade!”
- I am in love with these date caramel things I found at BJs. My mom says she used to get them for me when I was a very little girl, but I don’t remember them. I tried them because they are only 3 ingredients: natural coconut, dates, and almonds and they were on sale. Who would’ve known I would LOVE them! They are super yummy and healthy! They taste like sweet, chewy candy with a little almond crunch. I truly think these will come in handy this year because I can reach for them and not the chocolate all the time. Also, while writing this I found out that Amazon sells these. So now even if you don’t live by a BJs, you can order them online to try./li>
- I am very grateful that Mr. Teachers is home from his long journey. Absence does make the heart grow fonder and he brought me home some very nice treats.
- I am so happy that I finally getting more views to this blog. I am really looking forward to it growing! If you haven’t signed up for the newsletters yet, please do so today. I also just got my business cards and I can’t wait to pass them all out to the people I work with. It is making my hard work on the website this summer wasn’t for nothing!
- I finally, after a little trial and error, perfected my super easy and delicious No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bars. If you like chocolate covered berries these are the bars for you! I used Very Berry Cherrios and freeze dried strawberries to get a really nice berry flavored bar and then I topped them off with a drizzle of dark chocolate. I ate nearly an entire pan in one day. I figure it was mostly cereal, dark chocolate, and fruit so it was okay. Please check out the recipe here so you can see for yourself!
I would love to hear your top five too. Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below. Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter too. Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life. Happy Friday! 😀