August 4, 2017
Five on Friday Week 2
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the second post of Five on Friday. Every Friday I will list the top five things that made me happy this week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I will share it with you here every Friday.
- I got to go back to work this week. Yes, restful summer is over, but I work really amazing people and we have a lot of fun even if our jobs are very stressful at times. I truly love being a teacher and after sitting through some trainings this week I am pumped to meet my new set of 4th graders Saturday morning at open house. Now I just need to put the finishing touches on my room so we can “Flutter Through Fourth Grade!”
- I am in love with these date caramel things I found at BJs. My mom says she used to get them for me when I was a very little girl, but I don’t remember them. I tried them because they are only 3 ingredients: natural coconut, dates, and almonds and they were on sale. Who would’ve known I would LOVE them! They are super yummy and healthy! They taste like sweet, chewy candy with a little almond crunch. I truly think these will come in handy this year because I can reach for them and not the chocolate all the time. Also, while writing this I found out that Amazon sells these. So now even if you don’t live by a BJs, you can order them online to try./li>
- I am very grateful that Mr. Teachers is home from his long journey. Absence does make the heart grow fonder and he brought me home some very nice treats.
- I am so happy that I finally getting more views to this blog. I am really looking forward to it growing! If you haven’t signed up for the newsletters yet, please do so today. I also just got my business cards and I can’t wait to pass them all out to the people I work with. It is making my hard work on the website this summer wasn’t for nothing!
- I finally, after a little trial and error, perfected my super easy and delicious No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bars. If you like chocolate covered berries these are the bars for you! I used Very Berry Cherrios and freeze dried strawberries to get a really nice berry flavored bar and then I topped them off with a drizzle of dark chocolate. I ate nearly an entire pan in one day. I figure it was mostly cereal, dark chocolate, and fruit so it was okay. Please check out the recipe here so you can see for yourself!
I would love to hear your top five too. Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below. Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter too. Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life. Happy Friday! 😀
I love date and coconut snacks! I get them at my grocery store…yum! (And WLC compliant!) I don’t know about another four right now…long week!
Lol! Well at something is making you happy! I hope you have a restful weekend.
Those chocolate cereal bars look delicious! My top 5 are the watercolor class I just finished taking which pushed me way outside of my non-artistic comfort zone, the painting that a reader painted for me about one of my blog posts, the sight of my boys sailing on the river, the tomato pie I made last night with local farmstand tomatoes, and the idea of having a completely free weekend 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing your five things. Fresh tomatoes always make me smile too.
OOh those date snacks looks super yummy! I don’t think I’ve ever had them before.
They are so very tasty! You need to order them!
I hope you have a great school year ahead!
xo, Jessy | http://www.currentbliss.com
I always love reading posts like these, reminds me that’s there’s always things to be happy about. And congrats for the increasing blog views!!
Thank you very much!!!