The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the second post of Five on Friday. Every Friday I will list the top five things that made me happy this week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I will share it with you here every Friday.
- I got to go back to work this week. Yes, restful summer is over, but I work really amazing people and we have a lot of fun even if our jobs are very stressful at times. I truly love being a teacher and after sitting through some trainings this week I am pumped to meet my new set of 4th graders Saturday morning at open house. Now I just need to put the finishing touches on my room so we can “Flutter Through Fourth Grade!”
- I am in love with these date caramel things I found at BJs. My mom says she used to get them for me when I was a very little girl, but I don’t remember them. I tried them because they are only 3 ingredients: natural coconut, dates, and almonds and they were on sale. Who would’ve known I would LOVE them! They are super yummy and healthy! They taste like sweet, chewy candy with a little almond crunch. I truly think these will come in handy this year because I can reach for them and not the chocolate all the time. Also, while writing this I found out that Amazon sells these. So now even if you don’t live by a BJs, you can order them online to try./li>
- I am very grateful that Mr. Teachers is home from his long journey. Absence does make the heart grow fonder and he brought me home some very nice treats.
- I am so happy that I finally getting more views to this blog. I am really looking forward to it growing! If you haven’t signed up for the newsletters yet, please do so today. I also just got my business cards and I can’t wait to pass them all out to the people I work with. It is making my hard work on the website this summer wasn’t for nothing!
- I finally, after a little trial and error, perfected my super easy and delicious No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bars. If you like chocolate covered berries these are the bars for you! I used Very Berry Cherrios and freeze dried strawberries to get a really nice berry flavored bar and then I topped them off with a drizzle of dark chocolate. I ate nearly an entire pan in one day. I figure it was mostly cereal, dark chocolate, and fruit so it was okay. Please check out the recipe here so you can see for yourself!
I would love to hear your top five too. Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below. Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter too. Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life. Happy Friday! 😀
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the first post of Five on Friday. Every Friday I will list the top five things that made me happy this week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I will share it with you here every Friday.
I would love to hear your top five too. Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below. Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life. Happy Friday! 😀
1. Hope Hummus– If you haven’t tried it you need to. It’s delicious and nutritious. I ate two containers of it this week. I tried the Jalapeno Cilantro and Spicy Avocado. Yummy! They have several other flavors, I gravitate towards spicy, but they have non-spicy too! Plus it’s organic, non-GMO, sold in recycled containers and the company is all about promoting good things. You can check them out by clicking the link below and then go buy a bunch of hummus. Check out Hope Hummus. They are also doing a give away right now to win free hummus for a year. If you win you have to share!
2. Primizie Tortilla Chips-These yummy crisp crispbreads are what I dipped in all that hummus. I ate two bags of these crispbreads. I can highly recommend the Chile and Lime and the Ancient Grains, although they have other flavors I can’t wait to check out. These crispbreads are organic and non-GMO. I particularly liked the nuttiness of the Ancient Grains crispbreads. They are filled quinoa and amaranth seeds. They are super good! You can check them out by clicking the link below. You will need something to eat with your hummus. Discover Primizie. Oh and if you try them this week Ibotta is giving you a $1.00 back on every bag. So sign up and head to the grocery store!
3. Publix– I just can’t get enough. I don’t really like to clothes shop and I will do just about anything to not have to go inside when the weather is sunny, but Publix makes me happy. I like going in the store, tying samples, and talking with the friendly employees. I look forward to my weekly email every Thursday morning of the newest bogos . I like to look at my app while drinking my coffee and plan out what I can make with the items on sale. Plus you can clip coupons right from the app. If you don’t have the app get it!
4. Email Updates Completed-I finally figured out how to set up my email updates to all of you wonderful readers. This was a lot of work and it was pretty confusing, so I am pretty proud of myself for finally getting it right. Shout out to Mr. Teacher’s wonderful sister for the help! If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter yet, you can below when you comment with your 5 things. I really look forward to sharing with you!!!
5. Mr. Teacher Comes Home Tomorrow-Finally, even though today marks the very last Friday of glorious summer vacation, I am so glad that it’s here because Mr. Teacher will finally be home from his travels tomorrow night. He has been gone for over 2 weeks. It’s no fun to cook just for yourself and he is my companion, recipe critic and sometimes photographer. Needless to say, I have missed him these last few weeks.
So that’s my top 5. Share yours below and have a wonderful weekend!