- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb asparagus
- 8 oz. shredded low-fat Italian cheese blend-Sargento's is great!
- 1 cup diced whole tomato or halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pesto-homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup pinenuts
- torn fresh basil optional
Tortellini Pasta Salad with Pesto and Asparagus is colorful, flavorful, and very simple to put together. It makes a wonderful side dish or light lunch.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- When the water is boiling carefully dump in your bag of frozen tortellini.
- While the pasta cooks for 3 minutes or so, cut the end off of the asparagus and cut it into 1 inch pieces.
- Put the asparagus into the boiling water with the pasta. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Pour everything into a strainer and rinse with cold water. Shake all the water out.
- Put the pasta and asparagus into a large bowl. Add your diced or halved tomatoes, the shredded cheese, pine nuts, and pesto. You can use store bought pesto, but I am using my Spinach Kale Basil Pesto. My Chive Arugula Pesto would also be tasty.
- Toss everything together. Chill or serve immediately at room temperature.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!