- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp depending on how sweet you like them. honey
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder-I used King Arthur's black cocoa.
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened natural shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds or almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
No Bake Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites are an intense chocolate no bake cookie with a hint of sweetness from the coconut. They are like a healthy adult version of a Mounds Bar. I got the idea after snacking on something similar as a treat from Starbucks. I had to recreate it. They are great with coffee and since they are made with all quality ingredients you don’t feel guilty about eating the whole batch.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut oil, ground flax or almond flour, and dark cocoa. Mix until it is smooth. You don’t have to use black cocoa, but it is super intensely chocolate flavored and I prefer it in these cookies.
- Add in the remainder of your ingredients. I really like the dark, intense, not too sweet chocolate flavor, but if you feel it’s too bitter add more honey. Stir to combine.
- I used a tablespoon sized scoop to form small even bites. Then I popped them in the fridge to harden up.
- Once they are solid, you can throw them into a container with a lid. They won’t stick together as long as they are cold.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!