|winter squash, sweet potatoes, or carrots cut into a large dice||2-3 cups|
|sliced onion||1 medium|
|canned tomatoes||14.5 oz.|
|Berbere Seasoning||1/2-2 teaspoons depending on how spicy you like it|
|green olives||1/4/-1/2 cup|
Moroccan Style Chicken and Vegetables is super easy. It is a one dish dinner featuring Penzeys Berbere Seasoning-a spicy blend of cayenne red pepper, garlic, ginger, fenugreek, cardamom, cumin, black pepper, allspice, turmeric, cloves, Ceylon cinnamon and coriander. If you do not have this blend and want to make this recipe, gather these spices and mix them together using about a 1/4 teaspoon of each, but I highly recommended you trying out Penzeys Spices. They are simply the best! No, they are not a sponsor, I just am a loyal fan. This dish is very flexible. If you don’t have winter squash use carrots or sweet potatoes. If you don’t love onions, leave them out. Feeding extra people or want leftovers? Use more chicken or vegetables or both. You really can’t go wrong with this!
- Spray a baking sheet or baking pan with olive oil or use your baking stone.
- Dump you vegetables into the pan.
- Place your chicken on top of the vegetables. I used butternut squash, but any winter squash would work.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on top. I go heavy on the seasoning using about a teaspoon, but if you don’t like spicy hot things, I would use less.
- Pour your canned tomatoes over the top. I used fire roasted diced tomato, but any would do.
- Place in the oven set at 425 for about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of your chicken and squash pieces.
- Serve with rice if desired and top with cracked green olives. I used Lindsey’s Green Natural Olives.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!
The Teacher's Table